Monday, May 21, 2007

Created Ensemble

I sit at the Heiau in wonderment of my new hillside escape. In reverent silence I observe the landscape before me. A tiny ant crawls near my foot and I watch as it busily scavenges for food. It's antennae is perked so as to alert the other insects that it is, indeed, on a mission. I watched for a while, until it found its way under a rock, hidden from my view. The boulder behind my back provides a relaxing recliner as I continue observing my surroundings. The branches to my left are gently swaying back and forth, as if a conductor is orchestrating a violin ensemble before my eyes. These tropical branches are none like I've ever seen before, but their movement is very familiar to me. I watch as their leafy arms wave in the air, praising their creator for His masterpiece. I shift my focus again. The marsh remains a huge, quiet expansion of tall stems and slow moving waters in front of me. It lays low, in perfect humility as if always it lay prostate before God. The stems gently sway as a breeze picks up, and the entire marsh moves as the Spirit hovers over it. Then the mountains... they provide a backdrop to the entire picture before me. Never moving, always standing. Peaks climb higher than others, and the skyline is broken with jagged points along its horizon. These mountains stand in perfect reverence. I relax deeper into the boulder and close my eyes, seeing the entire picture in my head as I had just experienced it. The ant scavenging for food so it might serve and feed its colony, the branches swaying in disjointed unison to provide corporate worship among the trees, the solitary marsh that lays in humility under the blue sky, waiting for a gentle breeze or harsh wind to bring life to its otherwise still demeanor, and the mountains... the mountains that keep all in perspective as they wait in salute for the coming of the King. And I think God must very much like this picture... All of creation as it contributes to the pleasure and praise of its Creator.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful. so nice to chat with you on your coffee run.

Deadmanshonda said...

beautiful. I didn't realize how tense (intense?) I was until I read your post and realized I might need to relax...;)

Annie said...

Cait - made my day, can't wait to see you soon so we can share that coffee together

Leisel - me too... well, at least that's how i was until i actually sat still for half an hour. glad you enjoyed :)