Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Because my dad said so

Soooo it's been ages since I've written anything. I apologize, but due to the lack of innovation, inspiration, and being without a laptop, I have left the keyboard untouched. I type this as JD is preparing country peach passion tea for our much needed studytime (which for me will consist of mapping out the quarter and getting myself thoroughly organized). We just returned from an Athletes in Action leadership meeting in which the group sat around a circle of In & Out Burgers and shared our hearts with one another. It was a good meeting - like the ones you dream about when you think 0f the body of Christ meeting together... prayer, honesty, vulnerability, encouragement, praise, the Word, and food.

Earlier today was my roommate Anna's birthday party - possibly one of my favorites yet. A huge group of college students rallied up at Sunset Recreation Area on a huge grass field for some Ultimate Frisbee and shaving cream... The goal? A tag must include a handful of shaving cream and I must say that by the end of the game, we were a bunch of white ghosts walking around. Shaving cream was in our hair, our ears, swimsuits, eyes, and anywhere else you could think of. It was great... The afternoon also included volleyball, football, and a huge barbeque! Such a great way to begin the quarter...

And while I'm at it - I might as well add that this quarter will be the hardest. I'm taking 4 classes, 3 english and 1 history in order to actually obtain my english minor and GRADUATE in June - woohoo! This means I don't have to take another quarter; I will officially be done and officially a full time barista ;)! More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale...aahhh I am revived!