Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Real Simple

Going on day 5 of owning a puppy, and I've decided that our newest addition to the family is, in fact, a good thing. In a matter of one day my life has necessarily simplified. For at least two hours of the day, my entire focus is concentrated on puppy. "No Rowdy!" "Good boy, Good sit!" "Down puppy" "Good potty!" Yes, you heard me right - "good potty." This bizarre, smelly creature forces me to be outside for at east one hour each day with absolutely nothing on my mind but puppy. There are few things I can do without thinking about five other things simultaneously. Painting is one of them. Swimming is one of them (surprisingly enough). And taking care of puppy is another. I think these are the things I must incorporate into my life every day, because, well, if you ever got inside my head you'd hand me a bottle of "calm down" medication within two minutes. For now training a dog keeps me from entertaining the crazies that pop into my head every now and then...

2 comments:

Jules Oldroyd said...

i'm really glad that your rowdy isn't stuffed (;

Deadmanshonda said...

And sleeping with a permanent coma....